Tuesday 12 February 2013

My baby is a big girl now...


Around New Year's Lilly started showing a strong interest into walking. I thought it was interesting because till then she was trying to sit up and she just passed from being able to sit up to trying to stand up on her own (which so far has been unsuccessful without something for her to hold on as gravity will cause her to fall flat on her face the moment her bottom moves up from the ground and her arms are in the air). I am just amazed by how quickly she passes from having learnt one skill to the learning the next one.
Lilly sitting up on Sunday with Thumper.
On Sunday as we were walking back from church we saw in a charity shop window a rocking horse. Simon and I both thought that it was pretty cute and the following day when the shop was opened I rushed to buy it. I found a changing table there, a baby bath seat and oh wonder for Lilly a baby walker. Not the usual walker but the type that looks like a very pink tiny old person walker. I was pretty thrilled by it because since Lilly is tiny, she is only just turned 7 months and still fits 3 months old clothes she can't use the walkers that the baby sits in as her tiny legs can't reach the floor, so that one was pretty perfect and she has managed to take a few steps all by her self with it.

 

I also got her some tiny walking shoes (more for me than for her since the minute you put them on her feet she just sits and looks at them and brings her feet to her mouth so the shoes don't see much walking). I ordered them online and was so happy to see them. I would never have imagined such tiny walking shoes! 


When Simon came home that evening, he got Lilly to try her "pony". That is when it did hit me how my tiny baby looked more like a little girl than a baby.
Because every princess should have her own pony...


No comments:

Post a Comment