Friday 1 February 2013

Grocery shopping, pram, trolley and good bargains :)

Last week I found myself in an unprepared situation: grocery shopping without Simon! Usually when we go grocery shopping, one of us takes a trolley and the other pushes Lilly's carriage and entertains her. It can be really fun, she loves when Simon pushes her and laughs a lot very loudly. However, without Simon I was not fully sure how to proceed until I remembered that by the supermarket's coffee shop are three lockers for trolleys and prams so customers can sit down without using all the space between tables. So I went there and put the pram in one of the lockers, and mademoiselle Lilly in the big seat in the trolley (I sanitized every area of the trolley she could possibly get in contact with first). It pinched a bit my heart that my little baby was seating like a big girl for the first time in a trolley...and she loved it, she loved having a better view on everything and everyone while still  being close to me.
Lilly's First time in a big trolley!
It made that grocery shopping session so much easier! Lilly enjoyed it but was still happy to get back to her comfy pram without fuss at the end which was nice. I appreciated the little bit of freedom it gave me! 
As we were leaving the shop I noticed hot water dripping from the flask I carry around for Lilly. I was quite disappointed as it was only two weeks new, even though it was not too expensive it was not a good surprise. I waved to the Customer Service desk and a nice young man came over to help, he asked me if I had bought the flask in their shop, when I said I did he got someone to bring me a new one for nothing! I really appreciated how helpful he had been.
Now since that was a very good week I went to one of the charity shops down the road the next day. When we moved in our flat we had to buy all our furniture and since student budget is quite tight we had to make a list of priority which means that we still are missing a few things but have all we need to manage. On our list to purchase were two night tables and two chests of drawers. Simon got a bad surprise with SAAS in December which made our budget for January and February even tighter (thank goodness for savings!) so I was not thinking of getting anything till later on the year. But walking in the second shop I saw a set of bedside tables that matched Simon's desk that is in the bedroom already! I started inspecting them and found that they were solid wood which is a very good plus, and then checked the price tag...and it said £10 each or both for £15 !!!! So as you may guess I bought them straight away and got Simon (who said he wanted to exercise  more often ;) to pick them up the next day and carry them home. Poor him got to walk twice under the rain in the cold but he was pretty happy too for the bargain!

2 comments:

  1. Oh she is such a cutie! I wish I could see you all.
    I miss having a little baby at home, Mya has grown up so fast awww (which is also nice because now she helps me clean the house and does a lot of things by herself hihi)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would really like to see you. Derk and Mya too! Lilly is growing so quickly, but everyday is so amazing with all the little things she learns. I can't believe I have never seen Mya.. :( We will have to meet up at some point. Are you going to France this summer? We are planning on going for 3 weeks in August.

    ReplyDelete