Wednesday 30 January 2013

Brave

Lilly with the Maple leaf and the Saltire...


So last week, Lilly took on watching Brave. Every morning, after her breakfast she wants you to put her in her bouncer chair in front of Brave. Nothing else will do, I did try after watching it 5 days in a row but she showed discontent straight away and was happy once her favourite film was on. And you know what? I am just SO thankful she started that little habit and I do not mind if she keeps on watching Brave every morning until she goes to school (my baby to school, the thought gives me a tear). Since she is enjoying herself and does not care whether I am sitting next to her or not, I do get to get a shower and wash the morning dishes before her morning nap. Which means that I finally get extra time to sit down and read or craft or use my phone without Lilly chewing on...well my book, or my phone. I never attempted craft around her because one does not need to be a genius to know that:

          baby who puts everything into her mouth scan recognition + scissors, glue or crafty things
                                                                   =
                                         sure disaster is going to take place

I think there is something poetic about the fact she is Scottish, was born about the time Brave came out and that she does love Celtic music and the sound of pipes (she gets all happy when someone plays them in the streets). I do love my wee lassie (the first word that comes to me there is colleen but it would not work with the whole Scottish theme ;)  )

No comments:

Post a Comment