Wednesday 29 August 2012

A Silver Penny from and Old Lady, the Mystery Nappy, Lilly's First Injection and other tales...

Well, it has been a while that I have written here, mostly because when I feel like writing I am at home and we don't have the Internet at home because we are about to move to a new flat in a new city and so I just can't write... Unless I go to the library usually and then Lilly just doesn't seem to enjoy me giving more attention to the computer than to her and she will wake up in the middle of her nap to notify me of her opinion...as well as the whole library...
Anyway, let's start our tales...

A Silver Penny from and Old Lady,

In Scotland, there is a tradition... When you see a newborn baby you put a piece of silver in their pram. I believe it is meant to be good luck for the baby and for you. It ever so happens that in Scotland the currency is the Pound Sterling, which is covered in silver when it comes to the one pound coin... So as you guess, you usually put a one pound coin in the baby's pram for good luck if you follow that tradition. Not everyone does, but a lot of elderly people do, and our dear Lilly seems to have noticed that if she smiles and babbles to old people they usually end up giving her pound coins, I find them in her little pocket or her pram. My baby girl is a professional at it, to the point that just for August she managed to tripple the amount we were going to put on her bank account just from smiles and babbles... I guess that even almost two months old Scottish wee lassies  already have a wee something going for solid money!

The Mystery Nappy,

When you are breastfeeding, you are warned that your baby might not have that many dirty nappies... Therefore I did not worry when I did not see any from Lilly, she had a lot of wet nappies but I mostly thought I had been very lucky and Simon very unlucky for a few weeks  until last Sunday when we talked and found out that Lilly had not had any dirty nappy in a week and a half!!! I was very worried, and so I got her an appointment with the GP for the following day, and there, she got entirely checked up and the doctor was pretty surprised because her tummy was soft, she was happy and it really didn't feel like she was keeping anything... He asked if there could have been a mistake but unless Lilly has taken to secretly change her nappy or there is a Nappy Changing Fairy well there was no mistake... Just a mystery.
So we got home with a prescription and I was about to give her some of it when we heard a "poff" noise and had the explosive nappy of the century! It was so full in a second that I couldn't believe it... And Lilly was smiling like it was a good joke. I believe that I just have to consider myself lucky, Lilly doesn't like getting dirty often and maybe she will learn to potty train quickly !! (Well we can only hope! )

Lilly's First Injections

So today was a big day for Lilly. She got her first injections and that was heartbreaking. It is for her good but I felt bad, I felt bad because she was smiling and babbling and doing so good for the entire check up. She is very sociable and was very pleased to have all these people playing with her and so she took it very bad when they put two needles which I thought very thick in her tighs. She cried like I had never heard before, not even when her milk isn't coming quick enough. It was just heart breaking to see my poor little daughter feeling so helpless... She is such a good wee girl. She is feeling a bit funny tonight so hopefully she will still sleep, I would hate it if it ruined her finally sleeping for a stretch of almost seven hours in a row for a week now (the sky finally looks blue again, the birds are singing... I don't want to go back to just four hours at a time!!)

The Cat's Tail,

Lilly got a gift from her Uncle Samuel for her baby blessing. It is a toy you hang on her seat and there is a black cat on it. And Lilly loves the black and white cat. She looks at it, talks to it, plays with it...and gets annoyed at it. Especially when she gets a hold of its tail and forgets that she only needs to let go of it when she's had enough! Here are a few pictures and such... My battery is dying so that will be all for today ;)



Lilly loves her bath! And her toes...

Ready to go out :)

A smile!!!! She had her first smile on the 1st of August!




No comments:

Post a Comment