Wednesday 20 June 2012

10 Days and squashed!!!

I don't know who is squashed the most, me or the baby? She kicks a lot so I assume she still has room, I feel like I'm running out of breath even when I'm sitting down but I don't have any heartburn really now that she dropped down a bit so I guess we are just both trying to make the best of it!
Anyway, today I officially only have 10 days left until my due date. Last Thursday we went to the hospital for a baby scan since it looked like she is not growing anymore. Simon was very excited, he loves getting to see the baby or even just hear the heartbeat, he has not missed one appointment yet because he is such a fan of his baby already that he would rather be late at work than miss anything about how great she is doing. After the scan we got to visit the Midwifery Unit, it is a lovely place where you can give birth as long as your baby cooperates and arrives in the narrow window of between 37 and 41 weeks... so right now we are praying ours follows the drift so we can get to this enchanting place where you get the birthing pools, private rooms, little kitchen, you decide to walk, move around, listen to music, drink and snack (that is a rare privilege because if you go in the regular labour suites you only get an IV and none will convince me that it does fully replace a real drink energy wise).
However, I'm now getting close to week 39 and I'm feeling quite impatient for baby to arrive. I have had Braxton-Hicks quite a lot, I have followed any advice about how to help bringing on labour and that without any success. I know you can't rush the baby but I am hoping she arrives soon. So my next evil scheme to get baby out is to make plans. For instance, tomorrow, at 9am we have a midwife appointment, Simon is off so we have planned to go for a nice meal, go to the pictures and stop by a craft shop I have been meaning to go for months... the hope is that if all goes well baby will soon decide that she too can make plans and bump into ours :) Meanwhile it keeps us busy rather than just on our toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment