Friday 29 June 2012

1 Day to go???

Well, our dear baby's due date is tomorrow... But I kind of have the feeling that she is going to make us stew... When we went to the midwife she said that they would start trying to help her once on the 5th of July and if that did not work induce around the 15th, and that seems lovely but when you are sharing your abdomen with a fully baked baby who still finds room to kick at your internal organs when she is meant to be too squashed to move significantly well an extra 5 to 15 days to wait seems like pure torture!
To top it, Simon's paternity leave was meant to start today! It actually did not because we were just up ( I had been since at least 6am but did not succeed in waking Simon till 8am, I think my body is already on baby schedule time because I did not fall asleep till 2:30am!), we had planned our day, going to the library, maybe see a movie, go to Pizza Hut and then go grocery shopping and go home. Simon was very excited about Pizza Hut, and at that point his phone rang calling him for an emergency at work, no one had come to open up, the manager was sick and the other poor supervisor had to finish up an essay for college so could not come to cover up for long... I thought Simon was going to start crying because he had been counting down the days before he would get real time off and it was so close at hand and within minutes, very far gone!
We decided for me to come in town with him because that way we could still have lunch together and also if baby decided to show up I could reach him quickly. Now though, I think that if Lilly decided to ever make an entrance in this world that would really go noticed by a lot of people, today would be the day because since Simon is covering for anyone else who can be in charge of a shift as no one is available, it means that if she arrived, Simon would have to close early or call in a sick manager because there is absolutely no one to cover for him. I really wonder if that is going to happen or not... there still are about 3 to 4 hours before he finishes work so we never know!
Anyway... I just hope that she decides to arrive soon... but once again it is not in my hands so that shall teach me patience!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey you, I just found out you have a blog, stupid me! I suppose she's still not there yet. The last weeks are really the worst, it feels like you're going to explode and everything gets so difficult to do, like tying your shoes and cutting your toenails :P, and you sleep so bad because you can't find the right position.
    Well I hope she doesn't let you wait any longer and I wish you both a great "meeting" with the little one!

    ReplyDelete