Wednesday 23 May 2012

Lilies and Roses...and baby names.


So, the other day Simon bought me flowers... Lilies and roses because they are my favourite.
I love flowers. I know they die eventually but I still love receiving them :)
Simon likes them too because they make me happy. Anyway, we are getting more and more of a special link with lilies and roses these days,
they always were my favourite flowers, so on our Wedding day, my flowers were white lilies and red roses and when we decided to pick a name for our little baby to come,
Simon decided that Lilly was lovely and he wanted it.
We kept the flower theme all the way with Lilly Kohana Rose Arwen. So three of her names are related to flowers and the last one to music and arts.
All we have left to hope is that our baby girl still loves music when she arrives and that she does not develop an allergy to pollen ;)

Though most people will see that she is a typical example at how parents can be selfish, roses and lilies are flowers WE like, Kohana is a Japanese name and Simon has more than a HUGE passion for anything japanese almost and Arwen even if it is a real Gaelic name is also a name that appears in Lord of the Rings and anyone who knows me will believe that's why it ended up there... now at the same time if I wanted to burden my child with an Elvish name, I hope people remember I would not have gone for the obvious...



3 comments:

  1. Lilly is a wonderful name. So is Rose. And Arwen. And Kohana (I think).

    The flowers are lovely.

    Best wishes as the time draws near. Nothing like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! We are both getting excited, and scared (one of Simon's aunt lent me a book about labour and I found a poor Simon looking through it with a horrified look on his face, he doesn't deal well with pain so I think he is more anxious than I am. But he is pretty brave because he still wants to be there and that is a lot from someone who needs to leave the room when someone gets hurt on TV!) Arwen means "Muse" in Welsh and Kohana " sweet little flower" in Japanese, so a real floral theme! You must be excited on your end too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, It is beginning to feel that it will really happen. Exciting times, and changing times. It seems like just yesterday I held my own first little girl baby in my arms and felt that overwhelming sense of eternity in her presence.

    ReplyDelete