Friday 29 March 2013

Lilly's First Word!!!


Yesterday Simon kept on telling me that Lilly seemed to be calling for me. He was pretty sure he could distinguish the words "mama" and "mum" in her baby talk. I was pretty sceptical as usually I've been told babies tend to say "daddy" first and Lilly is a daddy's girl.
So we were walking in Tesco and Lilly was pulling her little charm number of speaking in a very loud voice and smiling at total strangers, walking with Simon and getting pretty happy and excited. Since she was having great fun I walked a bit ahead to get the shopping done faster, we were closing to Lilly's dinner time and this little lady is pretty serious about her food. As I was leaving Simon and Lilly I heard her stir and get upset, I kept on going and then she just called "Maaaama"! I turned around not quite sure she actually meant it and was greeted by a big smile and her actively signing the word "milk". So I carried on shopping while feeding her and once done she returned to Simon's arms because Daddy is the best.
Later on she woke up in the evening and while Simon was getting her milk ready I tiptoed in her bedroom to comfort her and when she saw me she said "muma" and signed "milk" after I gave her a hug. I think I have rarely felt something as amazing as this. I am really excited to hear her start to learn new words and now I have to pay attention to see if there are more "words" she already has for things and people. For instance she does not pronounce the sound "d" yet but when she sees Simon or wants him she usually says"Babaaaababa" so "baba" might be for "daddy" at the moment! We both find quite funny that she usually calls for me and then asks for milk but she has been nice today and called to be picked and cuddle on the couch too.  She can't say milk yet but has had a specific guttural laugh for when she wants it and recognises the sign, she can do it herself and then do that funny laughter. 





We are so proud of our gorgeous little girl and looking forward to hear her beautiful baby voice chat our ears off!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment